Kohls Department Stores
Full-Time Loss Prevention Officer
Conducts surveillance and apprehension of external theft suspects in compliance with Company Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines. Monitors customer and associate activity in the store to prevent potential theft of Company assets. Assists in monitoring store compliance with Company policies and procedures on theft deterrence, safety, and operational controls. Implements and promotes store awareness programs addressing theft, safety, and operational controls.
Internal and External Theft Deterrence & Awareness
* Monitors customer and associate activities in the store for potential theft of Company assets. Takes appropriate action to prevent theft; apprehends individuals engaged in theft activity when prevention is not effective.
* Conducts surveillance and apprehension of external theft suspects in compliance with Company Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines.
* Assists in internal theft investigations in compliance with Company Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines.
* Accurately completes all statistical and incident reports. Maintains all apprehension and investigation records according to company standards.
* Develops and maintains knowledge and use of CCTV surveillance equipment.
* Performs other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to: assisting in Loss Prevention activities in other stores; attending court hearings on Kohls behalf; collecting public record information from local law enforcement agencies. assisting in the preparation and taking of inventory, USA counts, and processing known theft markdowns.
Operational, Shortage, and Safety Controls & Awareness
* Assists in monitoring store compliance with Company policies and procedures relating to theft deterrence, safety, and operational controls, as assigned by Supervisor. Informs Supervisor and Store Management of shortage control opportunities.
* Participates in raising awareness to shortage control and loss prevention programs through implementation of and participation in Shortage Control and Safety Meetings, new hire orientation for associates, and regular touchbases with store associates.
* Maintains a working knowledge of the stores alarm system and EAS system.
* Performs other duties as assigned. Examples may include assisting in the preparation and taking of inventory, USA counts, and processing known theft markdowns
* Adheres to Company policies and procedures and maintains high ethical standards
* Maintains attendance and dress code according to Company standards
* Engages in effective dialogue with LP Supervisor, DLPM, and Store Management team.
* Prior experience in Loss Prevention or educational background in Loss Prevention, security, or law enforcement preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions in stressful situations. Strong verbal and written communication skills; basic math and reading skills, and legible handwriting.
* Ability to spend up to 100% of working time moving around the store, including stock storage areas, office areas, and the selling floor. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, standing, and reaching on a frequent basis. Associate must be capable of detaining theft suspects.
Auto req ID 69160BR
Posting Location 0758:Brentwood
Position Focus Store
Compensation Frequency Hourly
Position Type full-time
Career Area Loss Prevention
Company Overview At Kohls, were always looking ahead to creating the next great thing. Since 1962, our people have been our biggest asset and every great thing we do is thanks to the great people we hire.
State - Search by State only - Use Location for Zip or City and State California
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Kohls Department Stores