We are seeking an experienced project accountant to work in our corporate headquarters in Falls Church, VA. Our Company has a long standing history of profitability and offers a positive, team oriented working environment. The Project Accountant is responsible for all aspects of job cost accounting from start up to close out on their individual projects within their Market Sector.
- Meets job requirements such as billing clients (AIA software), processing A/P, and processing certified payroll when applicable, etc.
- Enters subcontractor invoices and processes supplier invoices.
- Monitors status of open A/R and assists in collections.
- Accurately posts cash receipts and works with clients and Corporate Accounting to resolve discrepancies.
- Analyzes project budget, monitors general conditions, and works with Project Managers on revisions when necessary.
- Works within the project team to help maximize job profitability and mitigate company risk.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Job Cost (or cost accounting) experience required, with Construction background a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
- Ability to multi task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and exposure to ERP systems or comparable business software. JD Edwards experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to balance speed with quality of results (we require both).
- Detail oriented, organized, and disciplined.
- Friendly, courteous, and positive in nature.
HITT Contracting (PM)