$90,000.00 - $130,000.00 /Year
With this very profitable and diversified refinery in the Beaumont/ Port Arthur, Texas area you will apply your field instrumentation knowledge in both maintenance and project areas. Your principal responsibilities will include:
* Oversee the design, selection, configuration, maintenance and documentation for I&E systems at the refinery to support optimum unit operations while minimizing environmental excursions and safety events.
* Assist plant maintenance groups on a daily basis in troubleshooting and repair of I&E equipment and systems and provide training as needed to assure uninterrupted refinery operation.
* Provide I&E engineering services for refinery capital and expense projects to insure quality installations that meet refinery standards, including guidance in the selection, application and coordination of protective relays and schemes.
* Provide technical I&E engineering services during turnaround activities.
* Reduce maintenance costs, improve safety, and maximize production by identifying and eliminating “bad actor” instrument installations.
* Develop and issue Management of Change documentation required to satisfy OSHA PSM 29-CFR-1910.
* Monitor and revise I&E repair procedures that are not “best in practice”.
* Investigate equipment failures and issue change recommendations to eliminate further occurrences.
* Develop and issue installed cost estimates for I&E improvement projects so that equipment owners can make informed decisions.
* Review, research and recommend I&E projects necessary to maintain I&E reliability on the process units.
* Provide day-to-day power system support for refinery operational units.
* Serve as I&E engineer for process hazard analysis (PHA) and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) Meetings to satisfy the ANSI/ISA S84 Standard.
To be considered you need the following:
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in a petrochemical facility.
* Strong analytical and communication skills
* Knowledge and experience in ISA, ANSI, NEC, NESC, IEEE, and OSHA 1910 standards as they apply to electrical equipment and safe work practices.
* Experience in the application of protective relaying.
* Experience in the design and troubleshooting of electrical switchgear and controls for voltages from 480v to transmission voltages.
* Knowledge in the repair and control of both induction and synchronous motors.
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience in the use and interpretation of data collected with standard electrical test equipment.
* This position requires daily interface with many disciplines within the refinery, with special emphasis on the ability to successfully communicate technical electrical issues to non-electrical personnel in order to assist them in making sound and safe decisions.
* On call 24/7.
* Extended work hours/schedules sometimes required during turnaround or project activities.
* Ability to lead by example, logical problem solving skills, works well in team environment, able to manage multiple/changing priorities.
* Familiarity with INTOOLS
Must have the legal right to work indefinitely in the United States.
Meador Staffing Solutions.
Website : http://www.meador.com/