The primary responsibility of the Loss Prevention Specialist is to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
• Maintain a customer friendly environment for paying customers by maintaining a visible presence throughout the store.
• Greet all customers and provide ancillary support to other employees from a customer service and Company brand perspective.
• Prevent shoplifting, vandalism and fire by monitoring activities inside and around the store perimeter.
• Work with the Store Director to address any safety concerns, formulating and implementing effective action plans as appropriate.
• Use security systems equipment to monitor activities inside and outside the store.
• Follow all Company security and emergency practices.
• Respond to fire alarms and other emergencies.
• Intervene as appropriate during incidents, interact with local law enforcement as necessary and complete applicable incident reports.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: Experience, Competencies and Education:
• High School Diploma or GED required; some college level is a plus.
• 1 - 3 years’ experience with a loss prevention environment focused on deterring issues via world class customer service.
• Demonstrated experience anticipating situations and preventing incidents.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, apply and follow structured security rules.
Maverik was founded by Reuel Call in Afton, Wyo., in 1928, and has grown to over 315 stores in 12 states to become the largest independent convenience store chain in the Inter-mountain West. Maverik currently employs 3,700 Adventure Guides and has aggressive growth plans, including expansion into markets west of the Mississippi. As Adventure’s First Stop, Maverik lives up to its purpose to build the coolest convenience-experience on the planet.
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT (US)