Business Process Support Manager
We are Ally Financial
A company with a new approach and a rich history; one that values openness, accountability and honesty. Our company dates back to 1919 and is built on the strong foundation of GMAC Financial Services. Our associates and customers are at the heart of everything we do.
• Ally Financial is ranked the No.1 automotive finance company
• Money Magazine rated Ally Bank as the Best Online Bank Package for 2011
• Ally Financial consistently ranked within Fortune 500 Companies
Ally Financial strives to build a World Class culture that engages a diverse and vibrant team of professionals. We seek employees who are motivated for success with processes aligned to promote inner-mobility, career growth and leadership development. Ally Financial remains committed to offering a compelling employment proposition that enables us to expand our dynamic team. Put your career on a path with a company that’s taking the financial services industry in a new direction and apply today! Visit ****to learn more.
Business Process Support Manager
Business Process Excellence Leader
Purpose and Function:
This position is a critical role in the implementation and sustainability of the process excellence program. They will partner with site leadership and process excellence leaders to identify, prioritize and execute process improvement projects within their area of responsibility. They will support the BPEL in the deployment of the process excellence program by assisting in training of staff, strategy communication, project portfolio management, BPMS etc.
They will be trained in Lean, Six Sigma, BPMS, and other improvement methodologies to further drive process excellence throughout the organization. They serve as a change agent, problem solver, facilitator, project manager and trainer. They will be vital resources to executing process improvement projects on behalf of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following
• Responsible to work with the site leader and operations managers to improve their value stream/ process performance through the identification and completion of Lean Six Sigma projects.
• Responsible for working with the Business Process Excellence Leaders to ensure standardization and promotion of the process excellence program including Lean Six Sigma methodology, business process management construction and metrics, and LSS training.
• Responsible for ensuring that process improvement methodology and business process management (BPMS) are integrated within Ally Servicing by coaching employees in these areas, leading business process management initiatives in their process areas, Value Stream Mapping and supporting the site in the BPMS model and metric building.
• Responsible for facilitating project team’s use of statistical (Six Sigma) tools and methodologies, and for driving for results and monitoring outcomes of each project.
• Responsible for presenting project status and updates to project champions and executive leaders.
• Responsible for performing periodic training, mentoring and guidance for Ally Servicing’s staff on quality and process excellence methodologies.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills requirements:
Bachelor degree preferred.
At least three (3) years financial services experience or quality related experience required.
A minimum of two (2) years experience in leading and managing a business unit, team or process committed to process improvement methodologies, preferably in a financial institution, is strongly preferred
Demonstrated success in team leadership and project management with a proven track record of successfully implementing change within an organization.
Experience in leading cross value stream projects.
Demonstrated ability to produce documents, spreadsheets, databases, etc. with Windows-based software, as well as proficiency with the internet. Ideally, this will include experience with Six Sigma-based software.
Strong consultative, influencing, conflict management and negotiation skills.
Excellent presentation skills; ability to conduct presentations to individuals and groups including executive leadership
Ability to provide leadership to many teams assigned to multiple projects while under heavy deadlines and constantly changing priorities.
Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with Project Teams, as well as Ally Servicing’s staff and management.
Excellent organizational skills.
Special skills/abilities/competencies required:
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and client specific application and database programs.
• Proficiency in statistical software such as Minitab, SigmaXl
Certifications or special training needed:
• Six Sigma Black Belt/ Green Belt certification.
Working at Ally is Rewarding!
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and above-market bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program and emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally Offers Competitive Benefits:
• 401K Matching and Company Contributions
• Paid Time Off (Roll-over up to 150%)
• Variable Pay (bonuses)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Comprehensive Health Insurance Coverage
• Vendor Partnership Discount Program
• Charitable Gift Contribution Matching
• Adoption Assistance
Ally is an equal opportunity employer in that our policy, in accordance with federal & state laws, prohibits employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person's race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, or disability except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Ally Financial Inc.
Website : http://www.ally.com/
Ally Financial Inc. was founded in 1919 as the General Motors Acceptance Corporation (GMAC), a provider of financing to automotive customers. Since then, the business has expanded to include insurance, direct banking and commercial finance. See the timeline to trace Ally's evolution.