The Kroger Co.
District 4 Loss Prevention Specialist
Date: Apr 12, 2018
Location: Farragut, TN, US, 37934
Department: NASH Loss Prevention
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: District Loss Prevention Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: 14
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Loss Prevention Specialist will protect company assets through the
execution of safety, inventory recovery and internal and external
theft reduction programs. Assist with reduction of loss inventory,
time, and assets. Monitor surveillance equipment. Identify, observe
and apprehend shoplifters and others (internal or external) involved
in acts of dishonesty. The Loss Prevention Specialist works with the
District Loss Prevention Manager in the implementation and oversight
of loss prevention initiatives. The LP Specialist will maintain a high
degree of integrity, honesty and professionalism in carrying out
responsibilities. Role model and demonstrate the company s core values
of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of
Essential Job Functions:
* Conduct plain clothes surveillance to detect internal and external
loss within a store environment.
* Conduct internal and external investigations on matter affecting
* Apprehend individuals involved in illegal acts.
* Comply with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as company
policies and procedures when carrying out responsibilities.
* Conducts physical security checks. Makes recommendations to
prevent loss and improve profitability.
* Partner with law enforcement and prepare case reports for criminal
* Responsible for heightening store loss prevention awareness.
* Serve as a liaison with district and division personnel to
identify and develop solutions for shrink related opportunities.
* Work in a multi unit environment.
* Complete thorough reports on all loss prevention related
* Support the District LPM in the execution of loss prevention
* Ensure the implementation and effectiveness of loss prevention
strategies at store level.
* Assist the District LPM with external and internal investigations
* Testify in court and labor hearings resulting from loss prevention
* Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
* Test functionality of store loss prevention equipment (EAS, Lane
Hawk, CCTV, etc ) during store visit.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position
with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED
* Ability to work weekends and varied schedule
* Ability to travel to varied work locations
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good customer service skills
* Ability to diffuse confrontational situations
Desired Previous Job Experience:
* Minimum 1 year retail loss prevention experience
* Operational knowledge of CCTV systems
* Multi store loss prevention experience
* College degree
* Wicklander certification
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and
Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with
Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive
Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer
First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model,
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: Drivers License
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Job Segment: Loss Prevention, Compliance, Manager, Security, Retail,
The Kroger Co.
Website : http://www.kroger.com
In 1883, Barney Kroger invested his life savings of $372 to open a grocery store at 66 Pearl Street in downtown Cincinnati. The son of a merchant, he ran his business with a simple motto: “Be particular. Never sell anything you would not want yourself.”