Locations US-LA-New Orleans
Posted Date 8 hours ago(1/11/2018 11:18 AM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Royal Orleans Hotel
The Omni Royal Orleans offers graceful elegance in a New Orleans French Quarter hotel. Located on the most fashionable corner, St. Louis at Royal, the hotel has received the four-diamond luxury award for over 30 years and has earned the Pinnacle Award for meeting services. Our full property renovation incorporates modern amenities with classic design in our guest rooms, including iconic wrought iron balconies and redesigned public spaces inspired by liveliness of the area's culture through various color palettes and artwork.
Omni Royal Orleans associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel may be your perfect match.
This position ensures that all hotel guest, associates and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment. The candidate will patrol the property, assist with investigations, and ensure proper documentation involving associate or guest incidents, including sickness and injuries.
* Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
* Answer house calls to assist both guests and associates with respect to safety, security and hotel operations.
* Initiate and follow-up with all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
* Assist sick/injured guests or associates ensuring all documentation, reporting and witness statements have been completed within a timely manner.
* Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
* Maintain accurate records while performing basic duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook and employee/guest interactions.
* Monitor/distribute visitor and vender access to the property by distributing visitor badges.
* Perform frequent bag checks for associates leaving the property.
* Escort and interact with special guests that need privacy when entering/exiting the hotel through heart of the house areas.
* Maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive guest or associate issues.
* Assist supervisor or director in checking alarm systems, safety and fire alarm systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas, delivery areas and grounds.
* Assist hotel management in emergency situations by knowing all hotel safety procedures and leading/directing guests and associates to safety.
* Must be able to stand and walk for up to 4 hours per shift.
* Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone, email, radio and reporting.
* Must have basic computer knowledge.
* Must be able to reach various areas of the hotel/resort at a rapid pace if necessary.
* First Aid/CPR Certification is preferred.
* Must be able to remain clam and professional during stressful situations.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, overnight shifts, weekends and holidays
END OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Website : http://www.omnihotels.com
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 50 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. From exceptional golf and spa retreats to dynamic business settings, each Omni showcases the local flavor of the destination while featuring four-diamond services, signature restaurants, Wi-Fi connectivity and unique wellness options. Known for its award-winning, personalized service, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every customer interaction, with a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest loyalty program and the company's "Power of One" associate empowerment program.