Supervisor for assigned shift of the security department, responsible for protecting, safeguarding the assets, personnel, customers and visitors of Macy's Logistics & Operations
• Ensure the safety of the associates and assets of MLO.
• Hire, train and supervise the Security Staff.
• Secure and monitor the movement of trailers in and out of the facility.
• Perform in house and random driver audits.
• Identify causes of shortage within the building, investigating possible internal and/or external dishonest activity.
• Own the shortage program and actively participate in the safety program.
• Ensure all security policies are followed through the effective use of physical security controls.
• Manage the relationship with security vendors and ensure the quality of their services
• Respond to the alarm system.
• Complete reports for inbound/outbound trailer and common carrier logs plus discrepancy reports.
• Respond to building emergencies
• Operate power equipment
• Operate CCTV
• Any other function management deems essential.
• High School Diploma or equivalent;
• Prior security and distribution center experience preferred.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of associates and executives.
• Basic math functions.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Ability to make independent decisions and sound decisions within proper policy and procedure guidelines.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking as well as, occasionally involves stooping, kneeling and/or crouching.
• Sense of urgency, organization skills, ability to work independently and ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Work harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.